Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Conversation with my mom

Me: For our hw assignment I'm suppose to ask you a question that doesn’t require a standard answer that has been influenced by others by being answered previously. I don't really know what to ask so my question is: Why is it so hard to come up with a question that does not require a standard answer?


Mom: Usually when someone poses a question it’s because they are seeking an answer or an opinion. And if you aren’t seeking information then there is no question to be asked.


Me: Does that truly answer the question because that is telling me I’m not seeking information when I am. I'm seeking why it is difficult to think for ourselves and not ask questions that we don’t know the answer to.


Mom: It may ultimately be difficult because there is probably not one question that has not been asked before. When we ask questions, we are limited to 6 words: Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How. With approximately 988,968 (http://www.slate.com/id/2139611/) words in the English dictionary, being limited to 6 to pose a question makes it difficult to find a new question.


Me: If there are so many words in the English dictionary, why is it so hard to combine them in different ways? Plus its not whether the question has ever been asked before, it’s... has the answer been repeated to a point where it has brain washed others from being "absolute individual" and creating their own answers.


Mom: Its 11 at night a (she gave me a look)


Me: Good Night (lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment