Saturday, October 3, 2009

Comment on Sam R's Blog

Sam,
I just want to let you know that your video was awesome. The music was the best and you are my new favorite person for watching Spongebob. I also thought that you brought up a lot of interesting topics.You stated that you didn't want your children using digital representation devices but you knew that they would anyway. You also stated that we would explain to them our regrets but they wouldn’t care. This made me laugh because it reminded me of my mom when she tells me "oh i was a kid too" Whenever she tells me that, I have the same reaction you said your kids would have. I'm pretty sure that the next generation will out grow the technology stage. Technology is constantly growing and has definitely not reached its limits. if anything, I believe that the next generation will be more in depth with technology and be controlled by it more. Later on, you also stated that you seemed to be bored while looking for something else to do. This made me wonder if our digital life has become more of a requirement than a recreational activity. It seems as if using digital representation devices a been programmed into our lives. Its like we crave to do other things and are getting bored with the same digital activities but we are enslaved by that part of our life.Your first paragraph say that you don’t like how you look in the video. This kind of made me think about my video. Normally, I lose myself in the digital world completely and totally but since i knew that I was being recorded, I sort of blocked that from happening. I think that sort of shows how I'm somewhat ashamed of how lost I can get in the digital world. Do you think that while being recoreded you became fully embodied, or did you compose yourself because you were being recorded?Well, I really enjoyed your video and reflection and you really had me wondering. Hope to hear from you soon. -Amanda :)

No comments:

Post a Comment